CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Hi everybody, it's MCR time again. This time I'm reviewing their second album, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge.

TRACKS:
[~=singles *=videos]

1. ~*"Helena"-*****
2. "Give 'Em Hell Kid"-*****
3. "To The End"-*****
4. "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"-*****
5. ~*"I'm Not Okay"-*****
6. ~*"The Ghost Of You"-*****
7. "The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You"-****
8. "Interlude"-**
9. ~"Thank You For The Venom"-*****
10. "Hang 'Em High"-****
11. "It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish"-***
12. "Cemetery Drive"-*****
13. "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living"-*****
14. "Bury Me In Black" (Japanese version bonus track; demo)

This album is probably my favorite album by My Chem(this album was not on Eyeball Records, but was made after the band signed to Reprise Records, to which they are still signed to today). I really appreciate the fact that the songs have to do with prison and war and high school and that they really connect with the fans. I'm Not Okay was the first song that really touched me and really made me a fan. Along with this album was their new look. Along with that came Marilyn Manson's attack on Gerard Way for imitating his make up. There was controversy that MM's song Imitation Is The Most Sincere Form Of Flattery was written as an attack on My Chem, but was denied by Manson saying it was about bands in general attempting to imitate him.

This album also brought along with it their first three videos. I will be doing reviews of them along with my review of Life On The Murder Scene. This band has grown a lot in two albums and I was (and am) really proud of them. All in all, I rate this album 5 stars.

0 comments: