CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Life On The Murder Scene

Well since I just did an album review on Revenge I decided to do an album review of it's live version. This live CD/DVD album includes live performances, online performances, TV appearences and videos. I give you.... Life On The Murder Scene!


CD TRACKS:
[#= live from MTV2 2$ Bill, >= live from Sessions@AOL, *=demo]

1. #"Thank You For The Venom"
2. #"Cemetery Drive"
3. #"Give 'Em Hell Kid"
4. "Headfirst For Halos" (live at the Starland Ballroom)
5. >"Helena"
6. >"You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"
7. >"The Ghost Of You"
8. >"I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
9. *"I Never Told You What I Do For A Living"
10. *"Bury Me In Black"
11. "Desert Song" (previously unreleased)


DVD 1:
Video Diary

DVD 2:
~Live Performances
1. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
2. "Cemetery Drive"
3. "Our Lady Of Sorrows"
4. "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us"
5. "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"
6. "Headfirst For Halos"
7. "The Ghost Of You"
8. "Thank You For The Venom"
9. "Give 'Em Hell Kid"
10. "Vampires Will Never Hurt You"
11. "Helena"

~TV Appearances
1. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" (from Late Night with Conan O'Brien)
2. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" (live from Discover and Download)

~Online Performances
1. "Helena" (live from Sessions@AOL)
2. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" (live from Sessions@AOL)
3. "The Ghost Of You" (live from Sessions@AOL)
4. "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" (live from Sessions@AOL)
5. "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" (live from Launch
6. "Helena" (live from Launch)

~Videos
3. The making of "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
4. "Helena"
5. The making of "Helena"
6. "The Ghost Of You"
7. The making of "The Ghost Of You"


Okay, one thing at a time. First, I rated the songs in previous reviews so check them out. Desert Song I rate 5 stars because it's a gorgeous song. It gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.
Next is the video diary which is full of interviews and footage of My Chem and the people who have met and worked with them. It reminded me of why I love them so much and it just inspired me all over again. I see their lives as a tragic love story between music and life and in the end they just can't be torn apart. How they've risen from who they used to be in music and in life is just beautiful.
The live performances of MCR are great. They are incredibly emotional and incredibly energetic. Frank has an AMAZING amount of energy, it's great how into his music he is. Which brings us to their live TV performance where Frank tried playing while standing on Bob's drum set and fell off bringing half the set with him.
I really enjoyed the online performances from Sessions@AOL because Gerard uses his amazing vocals as if in a studio combined with the energy and improv he has during live performances (and, luckily, Bob was able to play his full drum set through all the songs). It's also easier to see the emotion in his face with camera close ups, etc. (Launch was kind of like a live performances except they looked a little worn out)
I love the video for I'm Not Okay!It was really interesting to see the meaning behind everything they did and also interesting because that was the first thing Bob did with MCR even before he did a concert. He had two days of rehearsal and then he did the video.
I also love Helena and I loved how most of the people who did the video were already MCR fans.
The Ghost Of You made me cry the first time I saw it. Great video, I love all of the vids for Revenge.
CD and DVD together, I rate this album 5 stars. Long Live MCR!

0 comments: