CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

Greetings from N.C.! I decided that since it is My Chem Month and today is the anniversary for their debut album, it's time for.... A debut album review!!! (I know I'm so freaking clever, right? I bet you didn't even see that coming) So, here I am to present to you I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love!


TRACKS:
[~=single +=not written by MCR]

1. +"Romance"-*****
2. ~"Honey This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us"-*****
3. ~"Vampires Will Never Hurt You"-*****
4. "Drowning Lessons"-***
5. ~"Our Lady Of Sorrows"-*****
6. ~"Headfirst For Halos"-*****
7. "Skylines And Turnstiles"-****1/2
8. "Early Sunsets Over Monroeville"-****
9. "This Is The Best Day Ever"-***1/2
10. "Cubicles"-***1/2
11. "Demolition Lovers"-*****

So, this album was released on July 23, 2002 at the start of MCR's career (they were, at the time, signed to Eyeball Records). I rate this album an over all of 4 stars. I really like this album because it shows how much this band has improved, but also gives this pure emotion of how crappy their lives were during the time of this album and the songs have a lot of meaning to them. I love how the album starts off with a soft and quite beautiful guitar part in Romance and then leads into This Mirror Isn't Big Enough with the electric guitar. Headfirst For Halos started out as a joke about Frank getting high, but ended up being a really great song. Skylines And Turnstiles was the first song ever written by MCR about Gerard witnessing 9/11 from a ferry. All in all, this is a great album with a lot of struggles, victories and history behind it.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I love this album more every time I listen to it.
Like, if I got a few weeks without listening to one of the songs, and then listen to one of them again ... I fall in love all over again <33
Love My Chem! =D

Jenna said...

I purchased a hard copy of this album at Fred Meyer today =D I already owned the whole thing via iTunes, but I miss CDs so much ... I miss being able to hold them, feel them ... I miss the cover art the most. So, I picked this album up at the store today.
I popped it in my CD player ... and it brought it all back. I was reminded why I loved each and every track, exactly what each song meant to me. It made me think about this band and how far they've all come together, and it made me so proud. Proud to be a My Chem fan.

MCR for LIFE
<33