CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Poison

Ah, yes. Bullet For My Valentine's The Poison. I just picked up this album, along with Scream Aim Fire, at FYE. So here is their album's review:




Tracks (US reissue version):
[~=single, **=tracks on reissue version not on standard version]
1. Intro
2. Her Voice Resides
3. ~4 Words (To Choke Upon)
4. ~Tears Don't Fall
5. ~Suffocating Under Words Of Sorrow (What Can I Do)
6. Hit The Floor
7. ~All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)
8. Room 409
9. The Poison
10. 10 Years Today
11. Cries In Vain
12. Spit You Out
13. The End
14. **7 Days
15. **My Fist, Your Mouth, Her Scars
16. **Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
17. **Tears Don't Fall (acoustic)

I'm a fan of BFMV. I have to give props to Matt Tuck for having some scream! Really, he can scream like no one I've ever heard and he still has a voice. I think that's pretty impressive.

My favorite part about BFMV songs have always been the guitar. I think they have really great guitar parts and great solos. I also love how they start their songs, with just enough energy to get you interested, but building up so you keep listening.
By themselves, each song is pretty good, but put together in an album it starts to get..... boring. They're not unique to eachother. It's just the same technique over and over. The same intro, the same build up, the same bridge, etc.

I also feel like Matt covers up his voice with his screaming. He has a powerful scream, we can all agree on that. But when it comes to singing straight, he really builds himself up to be more than he is. And he ALWAYS resorts back to screaming. It's always the climax in all of the songs.

I do have to say that all the repetitiveness does give BFMV a uniqueness over all. If their song is playing I know it's them even if I don't actually recognize the song.

The End stuck out to me because it's so different. I like how we can hear Matt sing straight out and I actually like the use of all the screaming and guitars in that song.

I also like 7 Days because I think the chorus and bridge are kinda catchy :P

I actually like all the songs that are in addition to the standard version. I love My Fist, Your Mouth, Her Scars. I do admit that BFMV has a good sound. It's the kind of music you want to blast when your parents aren't home, lol!

Eh, all in all I rate this album a 3 1/2 stars. It's tiring to listen to straight through, but each individual song is pretty good :)

0 comments: