CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yellow

Hi! I know I have been gone for a while and my Kerli post is getting kinda old so I'm going to post about a new artist: Coldplay.

I took this quiz called "What's Your Love Song?" and my result was "Yellow by Coldplay". So I decided to check it out. And I have to tell you, I fell in love. Short and sweet, but what really gets me is the pure simplicity. He wrote a song for her. He called it "Yellow". The stars shine for her. And they are Yellow. He'd swim an ocean for her, he'd jump across it for her. He thinks she's beautiful. He loves her so.
I mean, how easy can it be? He loves whoever he's talking to and that's it. It's a nice song and I was never really into Coldplay before, but know I have to look up more of their stuff.

I also love how the vocals are very simple and they convey emotion without doing anything ground-breakingly drastic. No screaming, no huge changes. Just singing. And the music holds most of the emotion in the song which I really like.

The video is just as simple (possibly simpler) than the song and I like the lighting and how it gets brighter as the song goes along.

Enjoy!

Yellow - ****1/2


Yellow- Coldplay

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all yellow,

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh all the things I've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh all the things you do
Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know for you i bleed myself dry
For you i bleed myself dry

Its true look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine for you
look how they shine
look at the stars look how they shine for you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice layout =]

That's my favorite song! Really and truly if I had to pick and all-time-favorite "yellow" would be the one.

Haha in fact because it's my favorite it was the first song I posted about on Music.Is.Life. <3

Great post.

Jenna said...

Beautiful song <3
I remember amy's post about it =D

I had never heard the song before then, and I had never really been into Coldplay ...
Now I must say I'm obsessed with this song and most of Viva la Vida XD

Anonymous said...

savy that is my song
you cant post about my song
you shouldnt even be listing to my song
ok
seya tomarrow