CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The White Stripes

I've decided to look up bands I know but never heard and one band I've been hearing about, but never listened to was The White Stripes. They're a band from 1997 who are still around. Meg and Jack White are the members of the band. They got married, but were later divorced and Jack had taken on her last name (White). So The White Stripes were born! And I bought a few of their songs and I really like them! I like the garage rock revival thing they have going. So here are two of the songs I bought. The Seven Nation Army video kinda gives me a headache, but Icky Thump is a good video. Have fun!

Seven Nation Army


Seven Nation Army- The White Stripes

I'm gonna fight 'em all
A nation army couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip it off
Taking their time right behind my back

And I'm talking to myself at night
Because I can't forget
Back and forth through my mind
Behind a cigarette

And the message coming from my eyes
Says leave it alone

Don't want to hear about it
Every single one's got a story to tell
Everyone knows about it
From the Queen of England to the hounds of hell
And if I catch it coming back my way
I'm gonna serve it to you
And that ain't what you want to hear
But that's what I'll do

And the feeling coming from my bones
Says find a home
I'm going to Wichita
Far from this opera for evermore
I'm gonna work the straw
Make the sweat drip out of every pore

And I'm bleeding, and I'm bleeding, and I'm bleeding
Right before the lord
All the words are gonna bleed from me
And I will sing no more

And the stains coming from my blood
Tell me go back home

--------------------------------

Icky Thump


Icky Thump- The White Stripes

IIIIIIEEEEEEE
icky thump
who'da thunk?
sittin' drunk on a wagon to Mexico.

ahh well
what a chump
well my head got a bump
when I hit it on the radio.

redhead senorita
looking dead
came and said
"Need a bed?"
en EspaƱol.

I said
"Gimme a drink a water
I'm gonna 'sing around the collar
and I don't need a microphone."

icky thump
with a lump in my throat
grabbed my coat
and now it's reckon
I was ready to go!

and I swear
besides the head
she had one white eye,
one blank stare
lookin' up
lyin' there.

on the stand
near her hand
was a candy cane
black rum, sugar cane,
dry ice (and) something strange.

la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la

white Americans, what?
nothing better to do?
why don't you kick yourself out
you're an immigrant too.

who's using who? what should we do?
well, you can't be a pimp
and a prostitute too.

icky thump
handcuffed to a bunk
robbed blind
looked around
and there was nobody else.

left alone
i hit myself with a stone
went home and learned how
to clean up after myself.

1 comments:

Jenna said...

I like these <3
I was like you; heard of them but never anything by them.
Both these songs were great! I think I liked Seven Nation Army best.