CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Nightwish

I have discovered a new band! My dad's friend from New Hampshire came to New York with her sister for a vacation. I'm friends with her two daughters and I just found out that we have the same taste in almost everything- including My Chemical Romance! So, her mom told me that she's really into this band called Nightwish. So I got a couple of their CDs.... And they're really good! This is their website and a few of their videos:




Sleeping Sun


Bless the Child


Bye Bye Beautiful


The first two videos have Tarja Turunen as the lead singer, but the last video has Anette Olzon who just replaced Tarja in 2007. They've had 6 full-length studio albums, their latest one being Dark Passion Play. Check them out!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I'll have to take a listen and let you know what I think! <3

Jenna said...

...!
Wow! These guys are something else!
I think I like Tarja Turunen's voice better, but I really like the last music video, alternating between the men and woman in the bands.
The sound of this group is amazing ... very operatic, but at the same time, very 80's rock. Very very cool mix!
And the first few notes of the intro to Bye Bye Beautiful sounds eerily similar to a main part in Guns N' Roses' Live And Let Die o.0 I had a seriously deja vu, lol
Anyway. Awesome group, I'll have to check out more of their stuff!