CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Never Think

This song is a gorgeous guitar/vocal piece sung by Robert Pattinson. My interpretation of this song is how much he loves a girl, but he can't be with her. He wants her, but he knows he'll hurt her. He wants her to run, to stay away from him because he's no good for her, but he's admitting that he's not strong enough to stay away from her. He shouldn't even think about being with her because they can't be together, but she loves him, too. He doesn't want her to love him, but at the same time, he does. And she'll loose everything for him, but it's her choice because he's too selfish and weak (in a good way) to stay away even though he knows he should.

This song is so emotional, at least for me. It's about hurting and anger and selfishness and weakness and giving up and holding on and dreaming and loving. It's about love, but the real kind. Pain and hurt and sacrifice and weakness. But there's a sort of peace and happiness to the song. Like he wants to be mad at her for loving him, he wants to hate her, he wants to make her understand how they can't be together, he wants to be strong, but he's relieved and happy that neither of them have the strength.

The music and lyrics just paint a beautiful picture and in that whole description I don't think I was even close to capturing the full essence and full meaning of this beautifully sung piece: Never Think.

Never Think (unofficial video)- *****


Never Think- Robert Pattinson

I should never think
What's in your heart
What's in our home
So I won't

You'll learn to hate me
But still call me baby
Oh love
So call me by my name
And save your soul
Save your soul
Before your to far gone
Before nothing can be done

I'll try to decide when
She'll lie in the end
I ain't got no fight in me
In this whole damn world
So hold off -wrong- (Tell you to hold off)
She should hold off-wrong- (You choose to hold on)
It's the one thing that I've known

Once I put my coat on
I coming out in this all wrong
She standing outside holding me
Saying oh please
I'm in love
I'm in love

Girl save your soul
Go on save your soul
Before it's to far gone
And before nothing can be done

Cause without me
You got it all
So hold on
Without me you got it all
So hold on
Without me you got it all
Without me you got it all
So hold on
Without me you got it all
Without me you got it all
So hold on

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a very beautiful song.

i'm not much of a fan of his vocal style though...

I love how the lyrics parallel the Twilight plot from Edwards perspective. I think this song is really more Edward's character than Robert.

Nice post!

Jenna said...

oh wow.
i was completelly prepared not to like this at all. i didn't think pattinson had a prayer in the world as a vocalist.
wow i was wrong.

i actually really like his vocal style ... it's different, obviously. i'm not sure he could ever make it big as an artist; but that's alright, because singing isn't what he does.
but for a few passionate songs like this, i think his slurred vocals are absolutely lovely.

i think my favorite part, however, is the guitar before the vocals even begin.
that's breathtakingly beautiful <3