CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Lacey Mosley (Flyleaf)

Lacey Nicole Mosley is the lead singer of the band Flyleaf. I wanted to share with you everything that I found out about her because I think she is an amazing person.

Lacey was born in Arlington, Texas to a single mother of six kids. Her family was very poor and they often moved from place to place, trying to find work that would make ends meet. She had a terrible relationship with her mother which she described as "a war zone going on at home" and eventually started doing drugs. "The first time I ever did drugs, I was ten years old. I kind of kept it a secret from people at school, and I always had a thought that it was wrong, you know. I kinda knew it was wrong. But, then, when I was thirteen, I found these other people that did drugs and I got even worse into it. It was like whatever I could do, I would do it, you know? I was trying to figure out who I was, and anything to separate me from my family, or to separate me from my situation at home, was awesome, was good to me."~Lacey Mosley

At fourteen Lacey got a bass guitar and started playing. At sixteen, fights with her mom were too intense and the police stepped in. She went to live with her grandparents in Mississippi and joined a band. She eventually quit for bad communication and the negative music.

Lacey left her family soon after that and left drugs behind. Unfortunately, that led to what she calls a "nervous breakdown". She cut off her hair and became suicidal. Her grandmother then urged her to attend church.

She later got married and moved to Temple, Texas. She divorced soon after, but luckily met James, Jared, Sameer, and Pat who all joined together and have been together as Flyleaf (after being called Passerby) ever since.



I think Lacey is an incredibly inspiring person and it's amazing how she pulled through all the drugs, depression and divorce. I commend her for her strength and courage. I think Flyleaf is a great group and you should check out this amazing song they wrote about Jesus:

All Around Me



All Around Me- Flyleaf

My hands are searching for you
My arms are outstretched towards you
I feel you on my fingertips
My tongue dances behind my lips for you

This fire rising through my being
Burning I'm not used to seeing you

I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

My hands float up above me
And you whisper you love me
And I begin to fade
Into our secret place

The music makes me sway
The angels singing say we are alone with you
I am alone and they are too with you

I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

And so I cry
The light is white
And I see you

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

Take my hand
I give it to you
Now you own me
All I am
You said you would never leave me
I believe you
I believe

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healed


Personally, I like the acoustic version better. Same lyrics, same meaning, just more organic.

All Around Me (acoustic version)-Flyleaf

To end this post I leave you with a quote that I find inspiring:

"We all share the same faith. And so when we deal with the whole 'Christian band thing,' we kind of think about something P.O.D. says, like, 'If you're a Christian, it affects everything in your life. So if you're a plumber, does that make you a Christian plumber?' I don't know the answer. We're a band, it's part of who we are, so it comes out in our music, and it's the fuel for what we do. And finding faith saved my life. So I'm not ashamed of it at all. And most of our album reflects that."~ Lacey Mosley

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like Flyleaf, but had never heard Lacey's backstory until now. What a wonderful thing. To be able to pull through so much, live your life, find God. That's wonderful.

Ah, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all around me. It's such a great song!!!

Jenna said...

I, too, am a Flyleaf fan, but didn't know Lacey's full history until just now. I knew about her being in a different, more negative band before joining Flyleaf, but I didn't know about her troubled home life, her drug addictions, or her divorce.

Wow. What an inspiration!

All Around Me is a beautiful song. And I agree, the acoustic recordings are gorgeous. Have you heard the acoustic version of Cassie? Wow ... it's so pretty <3

Anonymous said...

The elder at my church is the father of their sound guy

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are mistaken. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will talk.